The certificate provides performance credentials to music majors or minors in non-performance tracks who have made a significant achievement in repertoire, technique and artistic presentation.
The certificate requires students to take additional private lessons, participate in ensembles and present solo recitals. An audition is required for admission.
Any changes to the curriculum of the music performance degree automatically pertain to the requirements of the certificate. The certificate is awarded at the discretion of the music faculty to graduating seniors who fulfill the required music performance components of the Bachelor of Music in music performance.
- Studio lessons, 7 semesters minimum
- Ensemble participation, concurrent with each semester of studio lesson enrollment
- Two solo recitals
Back to Top
- MUN 1000 level ensemble, 1 credit; 4 semesters
- MUN 3000 level ensemble, 1 credit; 3 semesters
- MV_ 141_ Performance Principal, 2 credits; 2 semesters
- MV_ 242_ Performance Principal, 2 credits; 2 semesters
- MV_ 343_ Performance Principal, 3 credits; 2 semesters
- MV_ 3970 Recital; 1 credit
- MV_ 444_ Performance Principal, 3 credits; 1 or 2 semesters
- MV_ 4971 Recital, 1 credit