Credits: 18, completed with minimum grades of C
The certificate program creates a foundation in personal and family financial planning and addresses the Certified Financial PlannerTM (CFP) Board of Standards education requirement for the certification examination, including insurance, personal investing, retirement planning, tax planning, behavioral finance and financial planning practice management. Students can sit for the exam upon completion of the certificate.
Family financial management requires an understanding of family communication, family lifecourse and family economics. The CFP designation is the leading standard in financial planning and can provide graduates a distinct advantage in today's competitive job market.
Prerequisites include an overall minimum 2.5 GPA and completion of ACG 2021; STA 2023; and AEB 2014 or ECO 2013 or ECO 2023. In addition, applicants must also have completed FYC 4003, which is a prerequisite for the remaining courses.
Contact: Dr. Michael Gutter at firstname.lastname@example.org; 352.273-3529.
Back to Top
- FYC 4003 Personal and Family Financial Management
- FYC 4004 Personal and Family Tax Planning
- FYC 4007 Personal and Family Insurance Planning
- FYC 4102 Personal and Family Retirement and Estate Planning
- FYC 4905 Personal and Family Wealth Management
- FYC 4930 Personal and Family Financial Planning Capstone