Distance and Continuing Education (DCE) offers online undergraduate courses for college credit through Flexible Learning.
These online courses provide flexible educational opportunities for students who are not currently enrolled at UF and:
- Have conflicting schedules
- Need to meet general education or writing requirement
- Need to meet course prerequisites
- Want personal enrichment
Students formally admitted to UF must have their college's approval and must meet with an advisor before enrolling in a flexible learning course. No more than six semester credits of flexible learning credit can apply toward a UF degree.
Students can register for courses by mail, fax, in person or online. Enrolling in flexible learning courses does not require a transcript of previous academic work and students do not need to apply for or to be admitted to the University of Florida to earn college credit. These courses operate on an open enrollment policy and do not follow UF's academic calendar. Registrations are processed and accepted Monday-Friday, excluding holidays.
- Students may enroll in flexible learning courses at any time and can complete them within 16 weeks from the date of enrollment. If the on campus academic semester changes during this time, a non-punitive deferred grade of H will appear on the student's transcript.
- If the course is not completed at the end of the 16-week period, the instructor will assign a failing grade.
UF students with extenuating circumstances can enroll in flexible learning courses; however, they must receive approval from an academic advisor within their college before enrolling.
Students who are not enrolled at UF should consult an advisor at their institution before enrolling in courses to ensure transfer of the credit. Distance and Continuing Education is not responsible for ensuring that any credit received is transferable.
Contact: DCE at 352.392.1711; email@example.com.
Complete Course Listing
Back to Top