The College of Nursing's RN to BSN program enables current RN’s who have previously earned an associate degree to earn a baccalaureate degree in nursing.
The RN to BSN program is designed for working nurses and can be completed in 5 semesters of primarily online part-time study. The baccalaureate prepared nurse is equipped to manage complex and changing healthcare environments of the future. Coursework focuses on development of problem solving that will broaden and strengthen the registered nurse student’s preparation for professional nursing practice. A current unencumbered Florida registered nurse license is required in addition to the criteria for enrollment in the college’s undergraduate nursing courses.
Back to Top
Students must be accepted into the RN to BSN program, which is competitive. The online application for admission must be submitted through the College of Nursing by the posted deadline.
Minimum Application Requirements
Back to Top
- Associate of Science degree in nursing from an ACEN (formerly NLNAC) accredited program.
- AA degree or completion of all general education requirements for the University of Florida.
- Active, unencumbered Florida RN license.
- An overall GPA of at least 2.8.
- A minimum grade of C in all required pre-professional courses.
- Resume/curriculum vita.
- Two professional reference from persons familiar with the applicant's recent work.
- A statement of intent, not exceeding two typed (double-spaced) pages, that discusses the applicant's expectations of the BSN program and his or her career goals.
Recommended Semester Plan
Degree Requirements for graduation from the RN to BSN program:
- Completion of 121 credits, including 61 junior/senior-level credits
- A minimum grade of C in each nursing course
- RN to BSN students will be awarded 30 upper-level credit hours based upon current RN licensure and by satisfying the professional portfolio
- Adherence to the standards of acceptable conduct as outlined in the American Nurses Association Code of Ethics, the Florida Nurse Practice Act, the University's Student Guide and the undergraduate catalog
|NUR 3065C Comprehensive Health Assessment
|NUR 3805 Professional Nursing in the Evolving Healthcare System
|NUR 3123 Pathophysiology and Pharmacology
|NUR 3826 Legal and Ethical Issues in Nursing
|NUR 3169 Inquiry and Evidence in Professional Nursing Practice
|NUR 3197 Genetics and Genomics in Nursing Practice
|NUR 3816 Seminar in Professional Nursing
|NUR XXXX Community Health Nursing
|NUR 4837 Healthcare Policy, Finance and Regulatory Environments
|NUR 4829 Principles of Leadership and Management in Nursing
|NUR 4944L Transition to Professional Practice
RN to BSN Credit Totals
Back to Top
|Upper Division Total
|Total from Courses
|Total from Portfolio
|Lower Division Total
|Total for Degree