Academic Learning Compact - Entomology and Nematology
The entomology and nematology curriculum develops an excellent knowledge base and an understanding of concepts and fundamental practices. Through formal courses, laboratory experimentation and individual research experience, you will learn how the scientific method is applied to the biological world at the whole organism and population levels. You will learn to evaluate hypotheses, to acquire and interpret experimental data, and to communicate results effectively in appropriate styles. Special focus will be information on insect identification, morphology, behavior, physiology and ecology.
Additional information is available from your major's website.
Before Graduating You Must
- Pass the entomology and nematology competency exam, which will be tailored to individual specializations.
- Complete requirements for the baccalaureate degree, as determined by faculty.
Skills You Will Acquire in the Major (SLOs)
- Identify insects and describe and explain insect morphology, physiology and behavior.
- Acquire, analyze and synthesize entomological information.
- Communicate proficiently in the sciences in oral and written forms.
Table Key: I = Introduced; R = Reinforced; A = Assessed
Assignments, exams, course grades and research collection.